Tuesday, 3 June 2014

What day is it?

No seriously, I keep forgetting the day of the week.  Suffice it to say, I've lost count of what day I'm on, and while I could go back to my entries and figure it out, I'm just going to lose track again soon anyway.

So yeah, while I absolutely LOVE the 100 day challenge, and Give it 100 is an awesome concept, my life is not fitting it in anywhere.  Dancing, stretching, posing, eating healthy, and even running, I can occasionally manage.  Keeping track of these things after doing them?  Nope.

So, for the sake of succeeding in learning a crazy amount of Chinese in the next 10 weeks, I am, with regret, calling the counting over.  Not the challenge though!  I may not be able to keep track of what day it is anymore (seriously, these days are way too freaking long), but I will most definitely know when the crazy is over, and that's in two and a half months.  That doesn't quite equal the original 100, but it still gives me a solid three months of getting used to a healthier lifestyle, enjoying learning something active, and increasing my flexibility (and, bonus side-effect, reducing pain!!).

On that note, since I last posted I have:
1) planted a vegetable garden - see, here I am after Grandpa helped me put it in

(What a face!  I was so not ready for the picture...)

2) eaten healthy all but two days during which I thoroughly enjoyed a GF pizza and GF buttered noodles
3) only gotten sick from food once, and I think that was because it was too greasy for a hot day as I made it myself and have had no trouble with other bowls (see this entry for the soup, mmmm)
4) walked an average of 11,552 steps per day according to my wristband
5) (I'm super proud of this one) dragged my butt out of bed to go running at 6:30 AM and ran my whole circuit (1.3 miles) in 13 minutes!

I was going to try that last one again today, but somehow I managed to hit the snooze button on my phone and woke up just in time to make myself a good breakfast and run to class.  Probably good to give myself a day off anyway while my body's getting used to me being not in a chair.

Until next time.

No comments: