Thursday, 22 May 2014

Summer Challenge, Day 8

The new pillow is fantastic!  I'm excited for my new bed tonight.   I'll be heading there shortly.

I got wrapped up in working at the library this afternoon/evening (suddenly it was getting dark...) and I'm beat, so by the time I got home I didn't have the energy to dance or do yoga.  I did watch an interesting video on anterior pelvic tilt, which is something my chiropractor pointed out to me probably eight years ago now.  The video was interesting, [warning, vulgar guy at the beginning being, well, piggish].  Eric Helms, the guy being interviewed, looks really well studied (B.S., M.S., working on Ph.D in exercise science).  He also doesn't sound like a moron, so if you can ignore the interviewer, he has some interesting points.  Essentially, work on stretching hip flexors and activating glutes and balance muscles.  So I tried a couple light, non-body building variations of things he recommended.  I'll be adding them into my stretching routine.

Other than that, I did my 10k above the 1.5k from this morning.  And I re-realized I need to plan my food better.  I'm good through lunch, and then dinner time happens and I don't want to deal with food again.  Something to work on.

It's nothing spectacular, essentially a 10 second recap of this entry, but for the sake of continuity, here's my video at Give it 100.

No comments: