Saturday, 3 November 2012

Personal Primal Challenge - Day 18

My room is a plethora of smells (read: yankee candles I borrowed from my mom)!  And my computer screen is orange (sorry Matt!).  Actually, even with this (F.lux), I probably should just give up the computer this late, but I wanted to update and I'm looking for a way to get my articles on my ebook reader because my iPad is just too hard on my eyes with the constant reading. I love the software and being able to annotate directly on the file (and not having to print the file, keep it stored somewhere, lug it around, kill trees, all that), but my eyes are just so tired I'm getting nothing done.  So, experiment!  Which means I need to find the cable for my ebook reader.... err...

Anyway, before I run off to do that, I was really good today!  I maybe at three too many bananas.... but only because two of them had to be eaten today or they would cease to be at that perfectly speckled yellow phase and go bad.  That was breakfast, well, one of the four was, along with some black berries.  Lunch was sautéed broccoli and mini bella mushrooms in sesame sauce with a spoonful of garlic and salt and pepper (and some cheese...).  Two more bananas were had at some point, along with a bunch of pepperonis because I wanted meat and that was what was in the fridge.  Dinner was leftover soup, super yummy sharp cheddar cheese, a few slices of pear, a beer, and another banana.  Actually I had too much cheese because I only ate a few spoonfuls of the soup before I got full.

And that was that.  I really didn't eat much today apparently... Tomorrow will likely be a cooking day though, as well as a, hopefully, more productive school work day.  I did get a lot of stuff done that needed doing, laundry and groceries being among them, and admittedly I did get a chunk of my reading done, but I wanted it all done by today so I could focus on my translations and Classical Japanese tomorrow.

So tonight I am trying to wind down by candle light, and the program I just put on my (read: Matt's) computer, F.lux, is supposed to take away the blue light that screws with circadian rhythms, so here's hoping my little cheating won't mess up my experiment too horribly.  I think my roommate thinks I'm nuts though.  *shrug*  Sleep is one of those necessaries.  I slept horribly last night, too.  I drifted off a bit for maybe two hours before the door opening woke me up, then I just couldn't get back to sleep until probably 1 ish.  I'm hoping for better results tonight.  I may end up making a cup of chamomile tea when I'm closer to being ready for bed.

Random though, I wonder what our electricity bill will be next month. ;P  I'll be amused to see if it goes down at all.  It should.  I think I'm the biggest lights-on offender.

That's all for now.  Off to find that cable and hopefully get my files working on my ebook reader.  Poor thing's been neglected since school started anyway.

No comments: