Wednesday, 24 October 2012

Personal Primal Challenge - Day 8

Day 8 isn't actually over, I still have to dive into some homework, but I figure I'll get this done while my brain is in the 21st century so I don't forget again.

Today was a strange day.  I woke up late, again, and had a really hard time dragging myself out of bed.  Really, having to take Loki outside is about the only reason I get up when I do... which is really sad considering someone in July and August I was waking up at 6AM with the sun and rearing to go.  Not so much anymore.  Of course, I was also sleeping better.  I need more outside time, but I'm really not sure how to get it.  I did apply for a landscaping job though.... That would be nice (and go figure, they pay better than the office assistant jobs and, haha, substitute teaching >_>).

Anyway, breakfast was the last of the bacon and the last clementine.  Ate a handful of dark chocolate as a snack while contemplating more food and ended up with "lunch" being a half a honeydew, the last of the grapes, and a few pieces of cheese.  The food thing just wasn't going well today!  I hate days when I have to think about my food.  I don't want to think about my food!  Rawr.  Anyway, Emily made a delicious dinner, rib meat marinated in worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, tomato paste, maple syrup, chicken broth, and some spices (no clue what) with carrot, potato, and onion.  I topped the meat off with a few more drops of syrup, because that stuff is freaking amazing!  It's the stuff my boss made.  Aunt Jemima just doesn't even come close!

I got a raging headache after dinner though.  I'm not sure why.  It's the same headache I've been getting for the last few days, and I really just am at a loss as to what's causing it now.  If there was anything bad in the food, it was either in the tomato paste, the chicken broth, or the worcestershire sauce, but I haven't any of those (excluding today) for the last few days, so I don't think it's the food.  I just don't know.

Anyway, my headache eased up a bit and I ended up going to the gym for an hour - walked a lot, jogged some, sprinted for a minute, lifted some weights, and tried pull-ups again (assisted).  For about five minutes after I left my spine did not crack!  Anyway, it was fun... not so much the pull-ups, but I really just want to be able to do those, so fun or not I'm tackling them.  Grr.

My stomach is telling me I need to eat something, but I can't see my kitchen counter right now, and there is no fruit left (except for what I was planning on drying tomorrow)....  And we're out of kale or I'd make some kale chips to munch on.  I'll figure something out.  It may or may not involve chocolate... and dried blueberries.... :P

To work!

No comments: