Thursday, 18 October 2012

Personal Primal Challenge - Day 2

I.feel.like.crap.  I don't know if it's my allergies (cat dander) or if I'm fighting my annual winter cold. I wouldn't be surprised by either.  I really need a vacuum and to move my bed away from the curtains... which requires rearranging my entire room (which is not happening today).  Good news is I found room darkening/insulating curtains for $20 on clearance.  I need to hem them (by about two feet or so), but I'm not going to argue with the price for those.  Sadly, that won't help with the cat hair.

I got probably seven hours of sleep last night, but none of it was restful.  I missed the lecture I wanted to go to this afternoon, but I managed to study for my exam, which went horribly, by the way.  And that's not the perfectionist in me.  The professor really wasn't joking when she told us last week to memorize the sentences from the book (all of them.... a week before the exam... -_-).  Here's hoping for a curve?  Major headache from taking that test, but at least it's over and I can focus on getting homework done instead of blindly trying to memorize contradicting information from multiple books, notes, and lectures. @__@  Working on stress management, after dinner tonight I played Kingdom Rush for about an hour.  Didn't beat anything - I'm on the last three levels trying to beat challenges - but it was definitely relaxing.  I want to stuff my face with pizza and break into my Guinness, to be completely honest, but I was good today.

Breakfast was veggies thrown in with ground beef again; carrots, kale, onion, green pepper, nappa... probably something else that I can't remember as well.  Then Emily and I sat by the dehydrator and ate the freshly dried pineapple... it was good.... and there is none left.  Honestly, it was better than raw pineapple.

I guess technically I didn't eat lunch because I got up so late... I had a snack of dried apples at school though, then hamburger covered with picante sauce, bacon, fried onions, and a salad with iced tea for dinner.

It was pretty good!  I found cheaper bacon at Trader Joes - uncured and "all natural."  It's not as good as the Applewood smoked stuff that I like, but it's about $3 cheaper so.... I snatched it.  It's still pretty good.  A little thin for my taste, but again, cheaper.  Those are sesame seeds on top of the hamburger, and I put some dried seaweed on the salad for the yum factor.  Also, I ran out of my dressing, so I decided after dinner that today was as good a day as any to make some dressing.  I bought the bottle with my birthday money (it was, I think, about a dollar...) a couple weeks ago and have been meaning to make my own dressing ever since.


It's balsamic vinegar and olive oil with minced garlic, dried onion, pepper, salt, paprika, a squeeze of honey, and two lemons worth of lemon juice.  It's a bit oily for my taste.  I read to use 1/4 cup of vinegar to 3/4 cup of oil... but I think 1/3 to 2/3 would have been better... hence the lemon juice which made it overflow so I have no idea how much of the spices I lost.  I'm not worried though.  If it's totally gross, we have two giant bottles of olive oil and apparently two more bottles of balsamic vinegar floating around our kitchen.  Though maybe next time I'll try making 1/2 cup total instead of a cup.  I'd actually like to get another bottle and try some other dressings too.  I've seen a ton of recipes that look really good, and really I should eat more salad, but I'm usually too lazy to make one.  I don't know why, it's not that hard, but meh.  They're great as long as I have an entree to go with them, otherwise they're just not enough for the effort they take.

I'm not going to the gym today, but I did walk probably just under two miles to and from my car downtown.  Considering my limbs were shaking earlier and I am running a tiny bit of a fever, I'm not pushing anything today.  I do hope I feel better tomorrow though, cause I have an appointment with the personal trainer at 9 AM.  (Then it's a boat load of homework and massive rearranging of the living room as we're apparently getting more furniture in the afternoon...)

I'm proud of myself today though.  Here's to hoping whatever bug I have is short lived.

No comments: