Sunday, 28 October 2012

I'm doing this because my cat needs it

Soushi is sick.  I thought he was getting better, but then he got bad again.  I got him drinking some tuna juice, and he's perked up a little, but he's still not doing well.  According to the vet I took him to on Friday, that is very, very bad.  The fact that he's not voluntarily drinking is also very, very bad.

This is the bad part about having a pet and then losing your stable source of income.  I can afford the monthly expenses of caring for my animals, but the vet put a $500 estimate in front of me on Friday.  It ended up being $200, which was a relief.  I had $40 that I'd just gotten for some translating, and $50 or so I figured I could trim off my grocery budget for the next bit until I figured out something or managed to find some work.  The rest, well, that was for next month's bills, but at least I had it available.

The long and short is I need to get him back to the vet, and I don't have the money to pay for it.  The only options the vets are presenting me with is a credit card that has a 26% interest rate, they won't let me pay off a bill in installments.  So I'm asking for some help, from anyone who is willing.  Even $5, or $1, can you please help me raise enough to take Soushi to the vet and get him tested so they can find out what's wrong and make him better?


I honestly have no idea how much this will cost, so I'm going to go with the first vet's estimate of $500.  The website I'm using won't let me do an "event" for less than a day, but at least so far every vet I've talked to wants payment up front.... so I guess as soon as possible is my aim.  Honestly, I will pare down everything I can if I have to, if I can't raise anything here, but every little bit helps.




You can use the link above to donate, or if you would prefer you can donate directly through PayPal at the link below.




I'm going to contact the animal rescue centers in the morning to see if they have any discount services or support as well.

I really was hoping he'd be chasing Ophelia up and down the hall today, or at least meowing or purring... T__T

No comments: