Saturday, 11 December 2010

Adding to my list

Lord of the Flies by William Golding
Faith in Paper by Charles E. Cleland
A Long Way Gone by Ishmael Beah
Lair of the White Worm by Bram Stoker
The Family that Couldn't Sleep by D.T. Max
This book looks really interesting too, but it might have to wait.

I'm sure there are others I've been wanting to read... ^__^

I applied to work at Sleeping Bear Sand Dunes next summer.  Prayers would be appreciated.  I really want the job.  I get excited just thinking about it, but I'm a little scared I'll get my hopes up for nothing... it would be amazing though.

I talked to mom for two hours tonight.  It was nice to chat and not have me upset about something.  I've usually been lately.  That gets frustrating, but not tonight.  Hehe.  I'm actually in a fairly obnoxiously hyper mood right now, which is moderately counter productive because I really should be writing my book report and I really just want to go run around the neighborhood or go to karaoke or something.

I need to plan my trip to see the monkeys!  That's coming up in like three weeks... not even!  Not today though... I need a draft before I go to bed (which is likely still three or so hours away when I realize the sun is coming up and I have to work on Monday).

I really want grapes.  I'm a little tired of Fuji apples.  They're good, but they're the only apples here that are remotely affordable, and they're still over 100 yen an apple most of the time.  Or mikan... mikan would be good.  Apparently I'm craving fruit at the moment, and I just realized I ate almost five hours ago.... everything makes sense now.

And I really need to write this report.

2 comments:

Budd said...

Lord of the flies is good but you have to get past the syntax pretty early on. It is full of slang, Brit slang, from the 50s.

shakespeare.gurl said...

That will be a new one for me. I'm looking forward to it!