Monday, 26 July 2010

Sunrise and Tokyo Disneyland:Take 3

It was so quiet outside that if it weren't for all the buildings, I might have forgotten I was in Tokyo.  Sunrise is at 4AM here.  I saw a few cars on the highway (past all those buildings), but they were far enough away that I couldn't hear them.


Last week we went to Disneyland.  I got heat exhaustion, again, but I made it.  We spent an hour at the Blue Bayou (attached to the Pirates of the Caribbean ride), which was reviving, and Japanese fans work wonders... so does probably a combined $20 in water.... :P

Lindsey posed under the walkway.  All the people were making me too anxious to be the one posing, but be proud! I actually have pictures of myself this time! (apart from the usual me with the Brer Bear and Mickey statues)

Like this!
Oops... the woman behind me doesn't look so amused with my antics :P  Not that I'll say anything for the general sense of humor in Tokyo, but we did run into some really cool people there, including a fellow VAMPS fan (see T-shirt) who worked at the place we ate lunch at and stopped me to tell me how awesome my T-shirt was and that she has one too.  We were also chased down (literally, we asked the worker how to get tickets, found it impossible since I could barely stand at that point, and made a beeline for shade, and I'd just sat down when the woman caught up and started talking to us) by two women who gave us their tickets for the "One Man's Dream" show.

It was good!  I saw it last year too, but I definitely enjoyed it both times.  I needed the rest too, though it was still hot so right after this was when we went to the Blue Bayou for dinner.


Leave it to me to start munching on the dessert before remembering to take a picture of it :P  It was good!  We got the course, partly cause my brain was too fried to stand in the heat and debate spending the money, and partly cause it sounded well worth the $30.  It started with soup, and oooh *makes fainting noises* that was to die for!  I really wish I had any clue what was even in it, cause it was so good!  We got 6 balls of bread each, warm and soft and mmmmmm so good.  Then we got steak and veggies, which was good save the okra... I'll pass on okra.  Really have never been a fan of that stuff, but there was only one piece.  I even enjoyed the eggplant...mostly cause I got to eat cow, and I love cow. Mmmm It was delicious.  Then dessert was pineapple..something (the gooey white ball with the applesauce looking stuff on it that's actually grapefruit jam) which was really gross (the pineapple thing and the grapefruit thing) until you mixed them, then they were great.  The cookie would have been better first instead of last, since it was kinda dry, and the fruit was all frozen or canned, but it was still good!  Tastiest meal of my life, and we got to listen to the ambiance from the ride too, and wave at the people going by.  It was fun.


See? Picture of me!  .... I like my hat.

And my usual picture with Brer Bear.  This makes 3 now.  I can't get a picture with the costumed person (they turn their backs on you if you're not Asian, so I didn't even try this time - tried last summer with Baloo for the last time), but I did manage to get some of the Song of the South characters doing a skit.  I still like my bear statue though.

And the Mickey statue, also an obligatory picture spot that I believe I have three of now.  Um... the pose is an inside joke we dragged out all day :P  Every time we knew a picture on a ride was coming up we did that..it's from the concert Lindsey and I went to last weekend, the chorus consisting of four syllables, three of them in English and one in French complete with hand motions spelling out the word "dix."  We thought it was ridiculous but managed to spend the whole day doing it.

Hehe...yeah.... we're morons.

 These were gorgeous.  I can't tell you how much I wanted to jump through the glass (and how tempted I was when I realized there was access from inside the store) and touch them.  I love what they did with Snow White's, and Cinderella's was just amazing.  The pictures don't do them justice.  I wanted to get them in the daylight, but I was so out of it and needed to sit down that by the time I got back to take pictures it was sunset.  I've wanted for years to design and make some functional versions of the Disney princess dresses...mostly Belle's, which I was choked they didn't have.

And the castle at sunset.  They could make quite an attraction out of those castles if they actually filled them in with rooms and stairs, but since they don't have me on staff... hehe.  Kidding.

It was a really fun day though.  We spent 13 hours total at the park, from just after open to just before close.  We rode Space Mountain five times, Pirates of the Caribbean twice (I think...that was the ride we went on for me to cool down, so I don't remember completely clearly..), Splash Mountain once, Thunder Mountain twice (once at night, which is so fun!), and Haunted Mansion twice.  We also went on the Snow White ride, which is far creepier when you're actually paying attention to the ride, and the Rodger Rabbit one, oh, and Star Wars (got my C3P0 picture, but it's surprisingly worse than all the others..which are always bad). 
 This is the first C3P0 picture from when Lindsey and I visited from Osaka.  The most recent is still on my phone.

We didn't bother with the parades, but I'm definitely happy we got to see the one show.  We're planning on going again next July, if my plans hold and work out as I currently have them.

Oh! I nearly forgot!  I got a picture on Dumbo too.

Still didn't manage to get on the ride.  I'm very much not willing to wait 40 minutes for that one, though I'd like to go on it for memory's sake one time. :P 

Cause I'm going down memory lane, here are the collection of pictures.

From 2007.  Apparently I didn't get one from 2009... not surprising considering the group I was with. le sigh.  I apparently didn't get one by the Mickey statue either, which, after looking at the ones by Brer Bear again, really doesn't surprise me.  I like going to Disneyland with Lindsey.  She acts as much like a crazy child as I do.

Brer Bear.  He was painted at some point!  and then painted back!  huh.  I also have bought head wear each time I went to Disneyland here. :P  It's not in the 2009 picture, but I got a black cowboy hat with Mickey in a headdress on the side (my mildly offensive Mickey hat, I love it!).  This years was that black ball cap.  It says "A pirate's life for me" on the top.  The bandanna is actually pirate Goofy ears complete with earrings.

Mickey statue.  You can see the ears here.

We also got to try out the random pop corn flavors.  Honey was probably my favorite, though the soy and butter was surprisingly good.  I want to say we had another, but I really don't remember it.

I'm so excited for Cirque du Soleil and Disney Sea on Thursday!

No comments: