Thursday, 11 February 2010

Productive lazy day

The only thing I did really was walk this morning.  It was a day off, and I crashed at my friend's place, so I had a 40 minute walk home this morning.  It was nice, a little chilly but not bad.  Other than that, I've pretty much spent the whole day watching Bones.  After dinner I worked on some bead projects while watching Bones... I now have mom's birthday gift completely done, and a Minnie Mouse Christmas ball mostly done, I'm just missing a flower part for the chain.  So... I'm out of bead projects for now, unless I want to make another Tigger or Snow White.  I have to take some pictures of the recent stuff.  I made a little devil bear last week.  She's cute, and sparkly... and the wand really didn't work out quite right, but *shrug.*

I'm kinda realizing how attached I am to the idea of getting into that online program, and it kinda scares me.  Realistically, I'm under qualified for the program, and I honestly have no way to pay for it.  If I'm lucky and get even half of my fees covered, I'll still barely be able to afford a class a semester, which will put me at 6 years to graduate.  I need to finish the FAFSA tomorrow.  I've been putting it off because it freaks me out.  I know I don't make a lot of money once you take out taxes and student loan payments... but I get the feeling the big number up there's gonna bar me from getting aid.  I know there are people who need it more than I do.  It's just frustrating.

Realistically, I should fill out the FAFSA just in case, but I know I shouldn't get my hopes up on even getting in.  I was a Japanese major.  I took 2 lit classes in undergrad.  If I do get in, they're probably going to make me makeup a few undergrad classes, which I'm not opposed to, but we come back to this giant anvil called "Student Loans" that likes to drop down between me and what I want to do when it comes to anything school related.  The only good thing is that I'm slowly seeing progress in paying it down.

Anyway, I'm going to go whole up with a book until I'm tired enough to sleep.  I think I give up on Moorcock for tonight though.  His writing is too crappy for me to put up with in my current state of pissiness.

No comments: