Monday, 8 February 2010

I wanna know! (x3)

I'm impatient.  It's pointless since neither of the people I asked for recommendations has sent them yet, but I want to know, now!

I'm reading The Stealer of Souls at the moment.  I'm about half way through.  The writing... is mediocre at best, but I have to give him credit.  He had a story to tell, and he told it.  There's nothing fancy in the working of the stories (bunch of shorts), but I'm interested enough to keep reading them.  Each one's gotten a little bit better.  The biggest thing that's driving me nuts, though, is his lack of punctuation.  If he uses it, and he likes to use dashes, he does it wrong.  Most of the time, he just ignores it.  Commas, please!  I had to re-read a sentence three times for lack of a comma.  That was how nonsensical it was!  Editing is a good thing.

I'm so scatter-brained today.  Ate way too much soy too.  I think I could probably go to sleep now and be fine until morning.  Waaaaaah!

No comments: