Wednesday, 27 January 2010

やる気なし

That's what we say here to describe what I am today, "yaru ki nashi."  Absolutely zero drive to do anything.  I'd say it's one of those days, but this whole month is accumulating those days, and I'm finding it a little irritating.  At the same time, it's too cold to go out and wander - that and it's dark, which doesn't usually bug me so much, but cold and dark for some reason really does.  My weight's really bugging me today, and I would really like to join a gym, but that's not going to happen in this country, ever.  Not paying that much money to be a freak show, pass.  I miss running every day though.  I wish I knew of a good park... or any decent sized park with a loop that I could run around... put my headphones on and close my eyes and I don't care if I'm a freak show.  The only one I can think of though is around the imperial palace, and that's... actually not too far out of my way coming home from work, but I'd have no where to dump my stuff.  I could try the station.  It'd probably end up costing me at least $4 a day, or more, in train fare and locker money.  Still cheaper than a gym.  Do I want to run around with that many people though?  That answered that.  No.  It's really busy down there.  It's smack in the middle of Tokyo business central.  Gaaah, I want to exercise and it's so hard to do here!!!  I'm tempted to bust out the trampoline right now, but I really don't want to deal with jackass (pardon the French) downstairs being an ape.  Maybe I'll do it anyway, just turn my music up louder if he gets annoying.

No comments: