Friday, 6 November 2009

NaNoWriMo

Instead of studying, like I should be, I've started doing NaNoWriMo.  I thought about it, and registered and whatnot, a few years ago, but November is a really bad time of year to write that much.  I don't know if I'll finish.  I really do need to manage my time better, and energy too, and get cracking on my kanji and grammar.  But so far I'm several hundred words ahead of schedule, good considering I started three days after everyone else.  It's hard though, not to go back and edit or rewrite.  Writing the pictures in my head without worrying about how the words are sounding is hard too, but I've never managed to finish a novel, mostly because I get stuck worrying about how it sounds or how it's flowing or my characters changing mid story, so I go back and loose the story editing.  So, I figure I'll give this method a try and see what comes of it.  It's also kinda fun to shape a story in my head without focusing on hammering out the details right away.

No comments: