Wednesday, 14 October 2009

This posting layout is funky...

Whatever's up.. I hope google fixes it soon.  I'm not a fan.

I finished Blood Bound.  Unfortunately, I started it this morning on the train to work.... I enjoyed the heck out of it, but I gotta say, 8 dollars for a book that only lasts a day is depressing.  I have the next Dark Tower one, but at this rate, I'm going to be out of my gift cards before November ><  At least I'll be amused until then.

I'm actually surprised that I'm enjoying Patricia Briggs's work so much.  I enjoy it partly because it's vampires and warewolves and magic things, but that's really mostly why I'm surprised I'm enjoying it.  Most of those books suck.  I like the narrator, that helps.  I'm pretty sure the narrator is Briggs's own voice, but that's not a negative here, because it's an amusing voice and carefully written so the reader isn't smothered by it (*cough*Twilight*cough*)  or annoyed by it.  And the story is just good.  It's interesting, it's exciting, and it's snarky enough that the necessary cliche (it's a coyote skin walker and a bunch of warewolves and vampires... cliche's happen) isn't irritating and actually works.

I don't have work tomorrow, apparently.  They've closed the school, again.  Apparently their gargling with cold tap water in public sinks and washing with generic bar soap isn't helping prevent the spread of the flu.  I'd say I told you so, but I'm as likely to get it as the next person with my crap immune system.  I'm actually surprised I haven't gotten sick yet.  I kinda wish I didn't have another day off though.  Boredom is a bad thing.

No comments: