Tuesday, 13 October 2009

Dinner's always a pain

I ended up with hot dogs (too many of them cause they're addicting) and grapes.  It probably would have cost less to eat out.  Ah well.  The grapes were good.

I finished The Drawing of the Three.  I liked it less than The Gunslinger.  It was good enough to get the third book, but not go right ahead and get the fourth book at the same time.  We'll see how the third book comes out.  I still have to review Moon Called.  I got the second book Blood Bound.  Second books are always the worst.  Again, we'll see.

My gift cards are almost gone.  I'm going to be bookless in about 2 or 3 books... :(  Kinda wish I didn't read so darn fast.  Kinda wish books lasted more than a day or two.  I still have a bunch of other books on my reader.... but I've read them all for the most part.  And as much as I love Shakespeare, his histories just aren't entertaining enough for the hellish train rides.

I have two classes tomorrow, and possibly only one on Friday *sigh*  It's a long commute for just that, but it's not like I'm hourly so I really can't complain all that much.  I guess once the books run out I'll just have to go back to playing games on the train... but those really don't work well in the morning.  6AM + fighting in 3D = way too over stimulating.

I found out more about a grad program yesterday.  I'm excited, but at the same time I kinda just want to run and hide.  That's one thing I hate about Japan, it's robbed me of all of my self confidence.  I applied to universities on a whim out of high school, and one of them gave me a scholarship.  I got good grades in undergrad... the only trouble I can think of will be letters of recommendation...  I need 3, I can likely get 2, maybe one from work if they'll write it and the school will accept it....  But my blood runs cold when I think of applying because "I might not get in, and then what?" which is completely stupid, cause 1) I will get in if that's what I'm supposed to do, and 2) if I don't, I'll find something else to do.  Not like I haven't moved half way across the globe before.

Bed time for me, I suppose... a little late.

No comments: