Saturday, 26 September 2009

Let's make a statement.

We have principals and laws we're willing to throw away for "change".


Sounds about right to me.  I wasn't there.  I don't know what happened, but I want to know what reasoning the police chief used to declare an assembly unlawful.  What reasoning did the police use who took down a girl who was backing away from them, completely unarmed?  I don't care what she was saying, what the protest was about, or what people were saying in the streets.  I want to see a video of the civilian who fired a weapon at the police to justify swat teams attacking unarmed civilians in the street.  Or is our president just making another statement to the international community that he can "change" our childish and shameful behavior?

I feel like I'm watching videos of the 70s, or of some other country's upheaval... not my own.  Gassing assemblies is only going to make more people assemble and piss them off.  Covering it up isn't going to do anything.  Yelling at cameramen to move their cameras is only going to make them want the video even more.

I think the shock of this whole thing is going to take a while to wear off.  I still don't want to believe that's my country.

No comments: