Sunday, 3 May 2009

Cute old woman

So, I go to take my garbage out, and there's a giant crow on the house across from my building monging on a honkin' loaf of bread. I drop my garbage off under the net, and go to check my mail. There's an old woman walking towards me at this point, and as I'm opening my mail box I hear a "thunk" from the bread falling onto the roof cause the crow dropped it or bit through it or something. I turn and look and the old woman is going "You dropped your bread! That's such a big piece of bread! Who would throw away such a big piece of bread! What a waste." THEN she turns to me (I swear some old people must not be able to see that I'm not Japanese, cause they're the ones who just start talking at me like I should know exactly what they're saying - thank God I do now, but that wasn't always the case) and goes "Who would throw away such a big piece of bread?" And all I can think of to say is "It is big, isn't it." She's looking at the crow still and yacking about how it's such a waste so I offer "Maybe it's from a store," which gets some acknowledgement before she wanders off, still chattering about how big the bread was and what a waste that was.

That made my morning.

2 comments:

xclozedx said...

LOL awsome that would have been funny to see. Was she bitching at the bird or you? lol

shakespeare.gurl said...

The bird.