Friday, 20 March 2009

Fighting a cold

I suppose that's what I get for wandering around last night with no coat... but it was hot!

I had a good night yesterday though. Hung out with Jen around Harajuku and Shibuya.

I wanted to go to the mountains today, but I don't want to go alone, so I'll wait till my next day off and see if someone wants to go with me.

I'm kinda torn about work. I have a new job starting April 1st. The pay period just ended at my current place, and part of me is tempted to just call it quits now and give myself a break. That way I wouldn't have to deal with waiting a month for my last bit of paycheck. But I know I'll need the money. Yuuuck. I'm so sick of being there. One more week. Over the next week I need to go through my clothes and see if I have clothes to wear to my new place that fit. I think I'm gonna need some new shirts. I was told that I shouldn't have to worry about shoes, cause the school makes you wear indoor shoes anyway. But I need to get those.... so, 1000 yen shoe store it is! There's one right by the station that has decent looking shoes. I get an office!! Yay!

I'm also torn about studying. Well, ok, not studying itsself, but the outcome of studying. I was gonna throw everything I've got at passing the level 1 in July, but I'm finding I want to do other things - write, play my guitar, read. And I'm having a lot of trouble with the endless lists of kanji. I'm only retaining maybe a quarter of the ones I learn. The others, I recognise (usually) but I can't read them. So I'm thinking that, even if I keep pushing myself like I've been doing, well, actually, I just don't want to do that anymore. It's not working and it's frustrating the rest of my life. So I'm gonna keep studying, and I'm gonna take the test in July, but I've already realised I have to postpone applying to Keio until next winter for the sake of I simply can't learn that much in that short of time - not working full time at any rate. So part of me is frustrated that I need to push grad school off another year, or more, but part of me is okay with it. I guess I'm buying the idea that this job will be less painful than the last two and it'll make it okay to wait a bit. At anyrate, I need to save the money and everything, and after working for a year and watching most of my money go to bills and loans and food and all the necessities, leaving me only a little, sometimes nothing, to play with, I kinda want to take it slow and relax with the money side a bit. Of course, I'm already talking months in the future, but ah well.

I want to take a nap. I may.... 3 day weekend..... *grin*

No comments: