Tuesday, 11 November 2008

Train adventures

To start, I have to comment that sitting on the end of the row and having someone shove their rear end into my arm when the train is not crowded makes me want to stick something sharp and painful there. Unnecessary physical contact with a body part I don~t want near me!


So adventure, yes. I nearly passed out this morning for apparently no reason. This is apparently not uncommon for women my age. I want to know why.

I always get on the low heat car cause rush hour trains don~t need to be heated. And I take off my coat before I get on. I was fine until about 30 or so minutes of standing. The car wasn~t crowded. No seats but no body crowding me. All the sudden I started getting really hot. I tried to move my hair. I rolled up my sleeves. I was still overheating. A few minutes later I started feeling seriously naucious. I moved nearer to the door to get the breeze at the next station, and while I was standing there my head went funny, my legs almost gave out, and most of my vision went dark. I could only see the part of the door right in front of me. When we stopped again, thank God the doors I was at opened, I managed to get off, and again thank God there were seats right there cause I barely made it to them. I just dropped my stuff and curled over.

By the time the next train came 5 minutes later I had a nasty headache, but otherwise I was ok. I ate a good breakfast. I wasn~t overdressed. It wasn~t crowded. I~m not sick or overly tired. I didn~t eat anything I~m not supposed to. I can~t think of a single reason why that happened.

Etsuko said it happens a lot to `young women` but that~s probably because their definition of `diet` is `don~t eat` and `thin` is `skeletal.` Trust me, I don~t have that problem. Mmm beef.


I dunno. I don~t get it.

1 comment:

LauraL said...

Whoa, for a second there I was thinking menopause, but of course you're too young and that would not have been fair, since I'm old and praying for menopause, no matter how dreadful the symptoms might be. Anyway, you might want to see a physician about the near-fainting spell.