Thursday, 31 January 2008

Hopefully something near set-in-stone....

I have to admit, I'm a little disappointed, but I'll live. I'll just be a few months behind in paying off my loan.... (I was initially ahead in my plan but oh well... can't do anything about it now)

So, GEOS called me today and here's what's going on:

I have training in Vancouver from March 31st to April 3 (...what happened to March 10th? *puppy eyes*)
April 4th I fly out of Vancouver and land in Narita airport on the 5th.

I won't be going to Tokyo, but fairly close actually. The prefecture is Chiba, city of Urayasu. I couldn't tell you how big it is, but if memory serves, it butts right up to Tokyo right on the water (Chiba does) so I'm going to imagine it's fairly populated.

I have the option of sharing a hotel with 2 other girls for the week, which takes the corporate rate of $70/night down a lot... but I don't know how well I'd handle that. Right now is a bad time for me to think of stuff like that because my head's pretty wonky at the moment. I was looking at hostels with private rooms. If I can get one for cheeper, I might go with that. At least I've heard Vancouver has a good public transportation system. We'll see what I can dig up.

Anyway, I'm happy that I know. I'm a little disappointed in the results, but at least I'm going and at least it's not Aomori or some backwater town in Hokkaido or Kyuushuu or somewhere I want to visit but never live. And now I have a date, and hopefully my boss won't be too disappointed... after all it's only 2 weeks before the end of tax season.




I can't believe this is taking so long. I really thought I'd be leaving in a week or two.....

No comments: