Monday, 7 January 2008

Promise for me

"We often suffer, but we are never crushed. Even when we don't know what to do, we never give up. In times of trouble, God is with us, and when we are knocked down, we get up again." 2 Corinthians 4:8-9

I had an interview with an income tax office for a receptionist on Friday. Angie got me in. I got the job, dependant on if I can stay for all of tax season. Friday I also found out that I probably won't be going to Japan in February - possibly by March, and a small chance it might be April. Needless to say, I had a very upsetting day. That and it was my last day to hang out with Fay unless by some miracle I can make it up to Winter Carnival with Ben. I spent a good while on the phone with my school and GEOS, but the letter my school sent might not be enough to get my visa. It's hard to accept that it's really out of my hands. I'm still working on being okay with that. But anyway, I called the tax office today to let them know of the possibilities, and I didn't get to talk to the head person, but I talked to the office manager, and she said that they'll probably call me later to bring me back in and I'll have the job. I'm hopeful.

I'm in Virigina right now. Ryan brought Rochelle and the boys over yesterday and spent the night. I enjoyed being with them, though I'm worried about the boys like crazy. Sometimes it's hard to keep my mouth closed. I had a nice talk with my brother... one that was very needed. I'm going to see them again Saturday for Derick's birthday party.

So for now, I'm trying not to worry about getting that job. It doesn't pay too much, but it's 40 hours and I only need a few hundred dollars more to cover all of my trip expenses and be comfortable my first month in Japan. I'm disappointed with the delay, but if I'm working full time, I'll be more okay with it I think.

No comments: