Saturday, 29 December 2007

Entering the Workforce?

I may have mentioned it before, but my university left me with a bit of a problem concerning one of my loans. I pulled out the loan to help me get on my feet in Japan, but it wasn't enough -- the university gave me too much then billed me for it later. Even if they hadn't though, I would still be in the same situation. I have enough for my plane ticket. That's it.

So basically I'm looking frantically for work and have pretty much given up on going up to Houghton to visit Fay before I go. I'm pretty bummed because I didn't realize that she wasn't going back up to school until the 13th. I'm going to my dad's until the 14th, so I'm just going to miss her. That's what happens when there's no cell phone reception.

I really have no idea where to get a job. I want to smack the people who keep suggesting fast food places. I need more than 15 hours a week, and I have next to no patience for stupid people. I'd honestly rather be really hungry and broke my first month in Japan than be miserable because of my crappy job for my last month here. I don't think my family understands that one. And yes, I know, pride is definitely one of my faults... right up there with a very quick temper. I don't have a choice other than to keep looking though.

No comments: